- 1 HOW TO bECOME PARA COMMANDO
- 2 Selection Procedure for PARA Commando
- 3 How to Become a PARA Commando Officer
- 4 How to Apply for PARA Special Force
- 5 Probation Period During PARA Special Force Selection
HOW TO bECOME PARA COMMANDO
Want to become para commando ? so you must be searching all the terms like join para sf,How to become para commando ? Before getting into this let me tell you something that you must know.
As we’ll know that parachute regiment is one of the elite forces of Indian army.The Regiment has the honour of being conferred the ‘Bravest of the Brave’ distinction. The Regiment has already been awarded 08 Ashok Chakras, 11 Maha Vir Chakras, 21 Kirti Chakras, 106 Shaurya Chakras, 63 Vir Chakras and 491 Sena Medals and the list continues to grow.
Parachute regiment consist of Para an Para(SF).Soldiers of PARA and PARA (SF) Regiments are assigned with the tasks, which are of special nature and demand very high standards of physical fitness and mental robustness. Upon joining the service and for carrying out the special tasks, they are required to undergo Specialization Training at the respective battalions after clearing their probation and based on their aptitude, they may undergo specialization training in any of the following:
(a) Combat Free Fall.
(b) Under Water Diving.
(c) Paramotor Pilot.
(d) IGLA and A/Tk Missile Pilot.
(e) Rock Craft and Ice Craft.
Elite Status Of being Para Commando
The Paratroopers by virtue of the tough selection, rigorous training and continuous deployment/ preparation are given the elite status throughout the Indian Army. Wearing the maroon beret distinguishes them from the rest and is a recognition of the ELITE across all armies of the world.
Benefits of being Para Commando
(a) Monetary Benefits: Over and above the standard Army allowances which are authorised depending on the sector where an individual serves, a Sepoy rank soldier in the Special Forces unit will get Rs. 17,300/- per month as Special Forces Allowance and Rs. 6000/- per month in Para Battalion as Para Pay.
(b) Exposure with Foreign Armies: Being in the PARA/ PARA (SF), generally an individual gets an exposure of serving/training with foreign Armies.
(c) A Complete Soldier in PARA Regiment: Serving in the PARA/PARA (SF), each individual can be termed as complete soldier as he has a sound working knowledge and advanced knowledge on one or more of the following skills :
- First Aid & Trauma Mgt
- Combat Survival
- Weapon incl Sniping
- Unarmed Combat & PTKE (A Philippians Martial Art)
- language Skills & Cultural Skills
Selection Procedure for PARA Commando
With a view to recruit motivated and volunteer soldiers into the PARA Regt, following process would
be followed with immediate effect:-
(a) Successful and eligible candidates ie. those attaining 100% marks in Physical Fitness tests and 50% marks in Written Test and are in merit will be asked to exercise an option of joining the ELITE PARA Regt by AROs just prior to their despatch. These volunteers candidates will be subjected to additional tests for selection for PARA Regt.
(b) These candidates who have exercised the option of joining the PARA Regt will have the assurance of joining the already allotted Parent Regt if they fail to qualify in the special screening tests for PARA Regiment.
(c) Volunteers will be subjected to special tests as stated below:-
(d) The selected candidates will be dispatched to PRTC. In case the selected candidates are not able to meet requisite training standards at PRTC, they will be transferred to the parent Regt for further training.
(e) The above-mentioned tests will be conducted by the Bd of Officers of the PRTC at the ARO location/station.
These are broad guidelines and will be refined once the process is set into motion.
How to Become a PARA Commando Officer
For gentlemen Cadets of IMA and OTA
Pre Commission. Volunteer GCs from IMA/OTA will be commissioned at the scale of two officers per battalion per year. These officers will be allotted a parent regiment by MS Branch.
For Officers serving in the Indian army [Post Commission]
Officers from all Arms and Services can volunteer for the Parachute Regiment subject to them having less than five years service on the day they volunteer, being in medical category SHAPE-I and being graded `EXCELLENT’ in BPET. These officers will retain their affiliated to their Regiment/Corps (as parent regiment).
How to Apply for PARA Special Force
Officers will forward their application in duplicate to MS Branch (MS-2) duly countersigned by Commanding Officer with a recommendation of higher HQ (one up). The application of volunteer officers including those from AMC will NOT be withheld at any level, even though the officers in the chain may not recommend the same.
Probation Period During PARA Special Force Selection
- All ranks (Officers and PBOR) Volunteering for the Parachute Regiment will undergo probation in respective units, as under
- PARA Bns : 90 days
- PARA (SF) Bns : 180 days to include continuation training.
- All ranks who do not qualify in probation will be reverted to their parent regiment.
- Parachute Jump Training. On successful completion of probation, all ranks will undergo Para Basic course at PTS, Air Force, Agra, on successful completion of which they will be permanently absorbed in the Parachute Regiment. All ranks who do not volunteer to jump will be reverted to their parent Regiments.
- Permanent Absorption. On successful completion of probation, the PARA/ PARA (SF) battalions will take action for permanent absorption of the individual through Record Office, The Parachute Regiment. All individual documents will accordingly be forwarded by unit/Record Office concerned to the Parachute Regiment Record Office.